Tuesday, February 3, 2009

oil tankers part 2




Sorry for the delay in between posts... Between the holidays and busting my rear, I haven't had much time to sit in front of the computer..... As for the progress, we have been moving slowly but surely.. The art of tig welding is definitely challenging. I have been told that I'm biting into a pretty large project for my first experience with it. But, it still puts a smile on my face every time I grab a hold of the torch. The oil tank is nearly completed. Just need to create bungs for the oil inlet and outlet.. Also need to add a port for the breather line as well..We pressure tested it yesterday. It looks like it will do a good job. Im pretty satisfied the way it is turning out.....
We have decided to use the new aprilia RS125 bodywork for the RS-XV.. It will definitely give our project an updated look compared to the original RS250 body..
Next in line will be the fuel cell... I already have my pattern cut out.. Should start welding on her by the end of this week..

No comments: