Monday, December 15, 2008

Full steam ahead...





Eddie and I are charging ahead in our progress. I will try to sum up what has been completed since the last post. First off, with the help of Raymond, we made a fiber glass molding of the RS250 tank.. With the engine completely installed (woohoo!!), we can use the molding to see exactly how much room we are going to have underneath the tank's shell. We have decided not to use the original tank because of the lack of room for the airbox.. We will fabricate a new fuel cell and seperate oil tank that will be covered by a shell that resembles a gas tank... This shell will be made of carbon fiber.. The mold that we made not only serves as a guide for the space that we have, but will also be used to make the new carbon shell.. Besides completeing the installation of the engine (woohoo!), we also finished the lower cradle.. It was a little tricky making a cut out for the oil filter cover but, as you can see, it turned out really well.. Jake ( the shop pup) has been going over everything we have done to make sure it is up to his standards.. So far we have a paws up!

2 comments:

Sten said...

Hi, I have an Aprilia RS250 and what you are doing is a big dream for me. I hope that your work will become a future real project of Aprilia factory. I have a question: how much does your rs-xv550 bike approximately weight when it will be completed?
(ps: sorry for my english but I'm italian...)

Joey said...

Your english is fine... I am shooting for the 250 to 260 lb mark... I will let you know when we are finished.. Thanks for asking.